Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. We brought Docker to embedded Linux devices in 2013 and have been building our IoT toolkit ever since.
Our technology is open, standards-based and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
The Community Lead at resin.io will be responsible for spearheading the cultivation and growth of the resin.io community. You’ll communicate with our community and users, create opportunities for participation, and encourage engagement in both the digital and physical worlds. You’ll be the main point of contact between resin.io and software developers, sharing new features, teaching technical concepts, and spreading the word about resin.io. You’ll also represent the voice of the community within resin.io. Your primary responsibility will be to engage with, support, and inspire resin.io users and community members.
- Engage with the resin.io community both online and in person
- Understand the interests and needs of our community members, and how to most effectively interact with them
- Organize and manage resin.io workshops, hackathons, and events
- Attend and speak at third-party events as an ambassador of resin.io
- Create tutorials, projects, webinars, and videos to demonstrate and share the resin.io platform
- Encourage and train other resin.io team members to evangelize about our platform
- Manage our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Moderate and maintain our community forums
- Build relationships with adjacent communities and influencers
- Work closely with product, marketing, and support teams to encourage effective communication between the resin.io team and our community (in both directions)
- Define and maintain a set of goals and metrics associated with all of the above, share progress with the team, and find ways to improve
Need to have:
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills. You are extremely comfortable, and enjoy engaging with, technical audiences in both large and small settings.
- Able to turn technical details into clear and interesting material accessible to a variety of target developer audiencies.
- Able to understand the product from a user’s perspective and explain features in a way that users will appreciate.
- Able to dive deep while keeping the big picture in mind.
- You don’t need to be a developer, but you do need to speak the language of software and be able to share resin.io technologies with others.
- Self-motivated and able to set direction and priorities. You can be incredibly productive without much oversight and know where your time is best spent.
- Strategic thinker, always looking for new opportunities and areas for improvement within the context of our broader goals.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Willing to travel for events as needed.
Nice to have:
- Experience with resin.io-related technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux, IoT devices like the Raspberry Pi).
- Interest in trying your hand at hardware projects.
- A programming and/or engineering background.
- Experience building and supporting communities.
- Experience creating clear and interesting technical content.
- Work with a talented, diverse team
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering at an international location
- New computer and equipment of your choice
WORKING AT RESIN.IO
Our team is distributed around the world and embraces a remote-first culture with flexible hours. This means that team members can be highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
You can expect to work on interesting and increasingly challenging projects. You’ll work collaboratively across the company, lending your skills in many places and drawing on the skills of others. You’ll also have a say in what you work on and how you achieve your goals.
We have a culture that assumes positive intent while driving one another towards excellent results. We value direct and open communication. We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We actively seek out candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you are not sure if this is the role for you, please ask us.