Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer
Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. We brought Docker to embedded GNU/Linux devices in 2013 and have been building our IoT toolkit ever since.
Our technology is open, standards-based, and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
Resin is a highly distributed, remote-friendly company with a pretty much flat hierarchy. Our organization is adaptive, getting feedback signals from our users and systems. Right now we organize ourselves by projects, which allow us to build complex features and solve big problems, while staying mutable. As a distributed group, we rely on clear communication and the rule of "assume positive intent" to help us work together across time zones, cultures and first languages. Our base of operations is nominally London, though really we are living all over the world: from Barcelona to Bulgaria, Argentina to Vietnam, and many more.
On being a Technical Sales Lead or Sales Engineer at Resin.io
We run sales like we run engineering. While closing deals is important, we’re more interested in helping customers succeed with resin.io and solving their technical challenges. We’re also a process-driven team and work to make our sales process as efficient as possible.
We mostly focus on inbound sales for now, understanding the needs of potential customers, helping them discover what about resin.io is most helpful for them, onboarding them to our platform, and ultimately helping them grow their business and scale their IoT fleets. We succeed when our customers succeed.
- Identify and nurture leads from our user base, inbound requests, events, etc.
- Engage with potential customers and guide them through their evaluation of resin.io by providing demonstrations, answering technical questions, and explaining how resin.io can address their specific needs
- Maintain relationships with existing customers, help them continue to grow with resin.io, and take ownership of expansion, renewal and upgrade opportunities
- Manage extended customer projects (such as an enterprise proof of concept)
- Develop tools and methods for improving process efficiency and automation
Need to have:
- Ability to understand and empathize with customer needs and requirements, and work directly with customers to address those needs.
- Willing and able to learn complex technical subjects and develop a deep understanding of the resin.io platform.
- Equally skilled at presenting to business executives and engineers.
- Highly organized, able to handle many threads at once, and keep things moving - you’ll be interacting with many different customers on any given day.
- Ability to navigate the sales process within organizations ranging from small startups to large multinationals.
- Self-motivated and able to drive results without too much management.
- Desire to make yourself and others more effective. You’re always looking for ways to improve the process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and fluency in English.
Nice to have:
- Technical or engineering background
- Experience with resin.io-related technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux, IoT devices like the Raspberry Pi)
- Experience working with IoT companies
- Understanding (and healthy skepticism) of sales processes and best practices
- Work with an extremely talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location - this year, Barcelona in October
- We send you hardware for side projects!
About working at Resin.io
We come from 15+ countries, and we embrace a remote culture with flexible hours. To us, this means being highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You need to be able to work remotely, and have a dependable internet access available so you can join video calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We value knowledge and initiative more than educational and personal backgrounds, age, or location. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect at all times and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We communicate proposals, discuss with others in the team and accept feedback if it makes the result better. We value the ability to learn, which is more important to us than knowledge of specific technologies. We know that learning fast means being outside our comfort zone, which is OK -- we'd rather learn than let our assumptions get in our way.
Send us your CV and cover letter, with a focus on what you can bring to the team. Please include a paragraph in your cover letter about how you think sales leads / engineers can best help customers succeed, with examples if possible.