Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. We brought Docker to embedded Linux devices in 2013 and have been building our IoT toolkit ever since.
Our technology is open, standards-based and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
Resin is a highly distributed, remote-friendly company. We rely on clear communication and the rule of “assume positive intent” to help us work together across time zones, cultures and first languages. We are looking for people who want to bring us even more diversity, and strongly encourage applications from people underrepresented in tech.
About the role
We are hiring a front-end developer to contribute across a wide range of projects. In particular knowledge and experience with Linux, Docker and devices such as the Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone Black are very useful to us and skills in this area would certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
Things you will work on…
- Maintaining and extending the existing single-page resin dashboard in ReactJS
- Expanding our library of common ReactJS UI components for all resin UI projects
- Evolving the resin API that supports the UI components
- Developing the resin OSS libraries and tools (the resin SDK, CLI, and many more)
- Many other challenging projects that come up, across the resin.io stack
- Take pride in your work and are passionate about good code.
- Can’t imagine starting a new project without version control.
- Are an excellent communicator, fluent in English.
- Have a good internet line available so you can join a video call without trouble.
- Are comfortable taking on a project and pushing from idea to production
- Have a portfolio of code to show, on GitHub or otherwise.
Send us your CV, with a focus on what you can bring to the team. Including a link to a repository of code we can review is a definite plus.
The first step of our hiring process is a brief online coding test. The best candidates will find this test fairly easy (some have completed it in under 30 minutes), but it helps us focus our interview time, so we appreciate if you can take some time to complete it.
- Work with talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location
Working at resin.io
Our team is distributed around the world and embraces a remote-first culture with flexible hours. This means that team members can be highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
You can expect to work on interesting and increasingly challenging projects. You’ll work collaboratively across the company, lending your skills in many places and drawing on the skills of others. You’ll also have a say in what you work on and how you achieve your goals.
We have a culture that assumes positive intent while driving one another towards excellent results. We value direct and open communication. We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We actively seek out candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you are not sure if this is the role for you, please ask us.