Digital Visual Designer (short term contract, full time potential)
Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. In short, we make the Internet of Things work. Our products include resin.io, resinOS.io and etcher.io. Our technology, much of it open source, is used by customers making drones, robots, 3D printers, and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In the short term, we’re looking for someone with the design talent and project skills to help us build a new marketing website within the next couple of months.
In the long term, if there’s mutual interest, we’re also interested in hiring a talented designer to work on a number of visual design projects, including web design, user interface design, branding, and visual identity.
- Design and deliver a new marketing website for resin.io
- Convert UX wireframes to high quality UIs
- Bridge the gap between UX design and front-end development
- Maintain consistent look and feel of UI components across all products
- Produce style guides and brand guidelines
- Develop a visual identity for the company’s products
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Need to have:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of mobile-first methodologies and responsive solutions.
- Able to independently execute and deliver design projects.
- Understanding of and ability to apply good design practices
- Self-motivated and able to set direction and priorities. You can be incredibly productive without much oversight and know where your time is best spent.
- You are able to work remotely, with a team distributed around the world.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Zeplin and Flinto
- Interest in the Internet of Things
Please include a sample of your design work, preferably website design.
WORKING AT RESIN.IO
Our team is distributed around the world and embraces a remote-first culture with flexible hours. This means that team members can be highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Should you join the team in a longer term position, you can expect to work on interesting and increasingly challenging projects. You’ll work collaboratively across the company, lending your skills in many places and drawing on the skills of others. You’ll also have a say in what you work on and how you achieve your goals.
We have a culture that assumes positive intent while driving one another towards excellent results. We value direct and open communication. We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
PERKS OF FULL TIME ROLES:
- Work with a talented, diverse team
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering at an international location
- New computer and equipment of your choice